Keeping your tractor, attachment(s) and other accessories in tip top shape from season to season is extremely important to the longevity of your investment. If you live in an area that sees snow during the year, taking the time to do this extra maintenance is extremely important.
Here are our top tips for maintaining the snow equipment on your tractor:
- Check all snow plow bolts. They may need to be changed or tightened to reduce play in the plow action.
- Grease pivot points.
- Operate plow hydraulics in all directions and check for binding or pinched hoses.
- Inspect and clean electrical connections.
- Look at all cylinders, hoses, and connections for leaks and fix if necessary.
- Inspect the plow mount for signs of deterioration or rust.
- Check the cutting edge and wear shoes of the plow. If they are becoming worn, not addressing the issue could result in expensive repairs in the future.
- Check all the tractor fluid levels including oil, transmission fluid and antifreeze.
- Replace and align headlights, taillights, and flasher bulbs.
- Check the tire pressure
- Inspect and clean the tractor’s battery terminals.
To shop Heavy Hitch snow accessories, visit our store.